Human Psychology COVID-safe policy
Human Psychology is a designated health-care setting as specified under the Emergency Management (Healthcare Settings Workers Vaccination) (COVID-19) Direction 2021. SA Health have published a risk matrix for health-care settings as a result of the strong likelihood of the COVID-19 Delta strain entering South Australia.
Human Psychology’s goals in managing COVID in a reasonable manner based on this matrix are to:
- to keep clients physically and psychologically safe and protect the work health and safety of staff, clients and service providers.
- to reduce the risk of spread of COVID-19 to clients and staff and;
- maintain reliable provision of psychological services and minimise potential of workers being furloughed and / or sites closed following possible exposure to COVID-19;
As of Monday November 29th, Human Psychology will only conduct face-to-face consults with clients who are fully vaccinated. Telehealth/phone counselling will be offered instead of face-to-face appointments for those who are unvaccinated. Clients aged under 12 and individuals with medical exemptions will still be seen face-to-face. Proof of your vaccination status or medical exemption will need to be shown to the Reception team.
Your health and wellbeing are paramount and the Human Psychology team are strongly committed to supporting you, especially now whilst you may be dealing with COVID-related anxiety and life stressors.
To ensure the safety of our clients and staff please ensure you follow our COVID-safe guidelines:
- Masks will need to be worn at all times
- QR code check-in and show the ‘green tick’ to Reception
- Provide evidence of your vaccination certificate to Reception
- Social distancing restrictions of > 1.5 meters
- Minimise time in waiting rooms to under 15 minutes total
- Consults will run for 55 minutes
- Clients will be asked to please stay home and get tested for COVID-19 if they have symptoms
- Clients will be asked to not attend a face-to-face appointment if they have been a close contact of a person with COVID.
Should you have any questions about our COVID-19 policies please call 1300 277 924 Human Psychology will respond to any updated SA Health advice or changes in government policy as they arise.
Please refer to the following sections below relevant to you.